Lily Mei, 43, and her family relocated from the East Coast in 1994, choosing Fremont for its family-friendly environment. She is the proud parent of two students in the Fremont Unified schools.
Lily currently serves on the Fremont Unified School Board as a Trustee and President of the Board. In 2010 she was elected to by surrounding local school districts as a Regional Delegate Assembly member for Region 7 representing Alameda and Contra Costa counties.
Working with her school board trustee peers throughout the state, Lily is currently the Northern California Vice-President of the Asian Pacific Islander School Board Members Association (APISBMA). She has also enjoyed participating as a member and presenter for this year’s CSBA Annual Education Conference Planning Committee working on securing workshops and speakers.
Lily embraces Fremont’s many diverse recreational and civic efforts and has been a volunteer and leader in supporting local scouting and sports programs such as soccer, Little League, and swim team. She is also a board member of:
She has also been an active supporter and involved with:
- Fremont Education Coalition
- Fremont Youth and Family Services
- ABODE (formerly Tri-City Homeless Coalition)
- SAVE (Safe Alternative to Violent Environments)
- American Association of University Women
- FUSD Pupil Overload Task Force
Additionally, Lily has served on numerous and diverse school-related committees, including:
- Fremont Council PTA School Board Liaison
- PTA Unit Vice President of Membership
- PTA Unit President for two years
- School Site Council member
- FAME (Fine Arts Mini Experience) Volunteer
- Member of Fremont Unified School District Ad Hoc Budget Task Force Committee
- Fought to establish developer fees comparable to surrounding growing communities.
Prior to joining the Fremont Unified school board she led a worldwide high-technology trade association chairing global events and developing best practices partnering with international entities. Her work experience includes over 20 years in various finance, channel marketing, strategic planning and sales operation roles.