Board liaison in local fundraising initiatives such as:
SAVE FREMONT STUDENTS
- Galvanized generous support from our student leaders, community volunteers and local businesses to raise over $600K in donations during the 2010 summer vacation to restore specialized education in the areas of science, physical education, computer and music.
- Walked precincts with students to communicate firsthand the importance of educational needs and supported student-run, block-wide garage sale generating over $5,000.
- Garnered successful support for our Fremont’s first local funding measure
- Provided a locally controlled stable source of revenue which cannot be taken by the state
- Demonstrated our community’s belief to maintain the high standard of education students.
Partnered with local community and civic organizations to help our students
- Participated in Fremont’s Big Backpack Giveaway where, with support of local businesses and generous donations, over 4000 totes loaded with school supplies were distributed to our students.
- Collected school supplies over past few years, working with
- Tri Cities League of Volunteer (LOV) staff, Kiwanis, and Walmart on their collaboration, School Stuff the Bus campaign
- Fremont Aqua Adventure Waterpark during Fremont Unified School Day – discounted admission tickets for Fremont families as reward for support when donating supplies